CDC COVID-19 Data
About Update COVID-19 Vaccine
- Everyone 6 months and up is recommended to get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to better protect you and those around you.
- You can get the updated COVID-19 vaccine and your seasonal flu vaccine at the same time (on the same day)
- If you have had a COVID-19 vaccine recently, wait 2 months until from the time of your last COVID-19 vaccine to get the updated COVID-19 vaccine
- Even if you have not had a COVID-19 vaccine before, you can get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself this fall and winter
- Go to vaccines.gov to find a vaccine provider near you
Why Get An Updated COVID-19 Vaccine?
I'm Uninsured or Underinsured.
How Can I Get The Vaccine?
- Those who do not have insurance or are underinsured should look for a provider that is participating in the “Bridge Program”
- This program provides updated COVID-19 vaccine free to those without insurance or underinsured
- Click here to register to get your updated COVID-19 vaccine through the Bridge Program at the Winnebago County Health Department
Test Positive, Get Treatment
Paxlovid Treatment For COVID-19, Now At WCHD – Click here to register for Paxlovid Treatment if you have COVID-19.
- Talk with your healthcare provider as soon as possible to see if you are eligible for one of the COVID-19 treatment
- You can also find a Test to Treat Site and get treatment where you get tested.
- You must start treatment within a few days after symptoms start, so do not wait, contact your healthcare provider or go to a Test to Treat Site promptly.
- IDPH Guidance for Pre-K -12 Schools for addressing COVID-19 cases, contacts, and outbreaks
- Illinois State Board of Education Guidance
- Executive Order 2022-10 – COVID-19 Executive Order NO. 103
- Healthcare Providers