Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can cause mild to severe illness in people. The Winnebago County Health Department, along with our local healthcare partners, local health departments in the region, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public’s health.
For information on COVID-19, including testing or vaccination locations, community-level data, and treatment information, please go to https://www.covid.gov/ or call 1-800-232-0233.
CDC COVID-19 Data
As of May 11, 2023, the CDC COVID-19 Data will display hospital admissions, deaths, and emergency department visits data as primary surveillance metrics for COVID-19. Go to the CDC website here for data update.
Test Positive, Get Treatment
Paxlovid Treatment For COVID-19, Now At WCHD – Click here to register for Paxlovid Treatment if you have COVID-19.
- Talk with your healthcare provider as soon as possible to see if you are eligible for one of the COVID-19 treatment
- You can also find a Test to Treat Site and get treatment where you get tested.
- You must start treatment within a few days after symptoms start, so do not wait, contact your healthcare provider or go to a Test to Treat Site promptly.
- Stay Up-To-Date on your COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters. Click here for more information.
- Contact your child’s healthcare provider to schedule routine vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccine, or visit vaccines.gov to see where vaccines for children are available.
- Children and teens may get a COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines, including a flu vaccine, at the same time.
- For more information on COVID-19 vaccines for children click here.
- Schedule an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine at WCHD here.
- IDPH Guidance for Pre-K -12 Schools for addressing COVID-19 cases, contacts, and outbreaks
- Illinois State Board of Education Guidance
- Executive Order 2022-10 – COVID-19 Executive Order NO. 103
- Healthcare Providers