When gathering to celebrate, take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses.
This month, as many families are celebrating the holidays, take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses at your holiday gatherings to keep the most vulnerable among us safer from flu and COVID-19.
Take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating or touching your face
- Keep air moving and circulating
- Stay home when sick, including if you have a runny nose, sore throat, and/or cough
- Stay up-to-date on your COVID-19 and flu vaccines. Find a provider near you at vaccines.gov
- Know your level and wear a mask if the community level is high. Check COVID.gov
- Keep air circulating and moving in the indoor environment