When gathering to celebrate, take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses and protect children under 2.
This week, as many families are getting ready to begin celebrating the holidays, take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses at your holiday gatherings to keep the most vulnerable among us safer from flu, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and COVID-19.
Take steps to prevent spreading respiratory viruses:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating or touching your face
- Keep air moving and circulating
- Stay home when sick, including if you have a runny nose, sore throat, and/or cough
- Stay up-to-date on your COVID-19 and flu vaccines. Find a provider near you at vaccines.gov
- Know your level and wear a mask if the community level is high. Check COVID.gov
- Keep air circulating and moving in the indoor environment
Protect children under 2 from flu, RSV, and COVID-19:
- Do all of the above
- Wear a mask around them