In recognition of International Overdose Awareness Day on Thursday, August 31 and of National Recovery Month in September, the Winnebago County Opioid Response Team (ORT) encourages our community to help build the path to recovery for those living with Substance Use Disorder.
Help Build the Path To Recovery:
- Everyone can save a life: get trained on naloxone and have naloxone in every first aid kit
- Encourage those who are using drugs to test for Xylazine and Fentanyl
- Connect those with Substance Use Disorder to WCHD for help staying safer while using
- Ask those you know with Substance Use Disorder if you can help them on their path to recovery, which may make all the difference in their recovery success
- Make the path to recovery simple by helping with travel, appointment scheduling, etc.
- Need help right away, call 1-833-2FindHelp. For Mental Health Services, call 988.
- Ask those not ready for recovery to take steps toward safer use by connecting with WCHD.
For more information on services WCHD offers click here.