Health starts with your environment of the places you spend your most time in, like your home.
Mold and Moisture Control
- Repair water leaks resulting from plumbing or from rainwater getting into your home.
- Replace materials that have water-damage
- Insulate cold water pipes
- Routinely check and clean gutters to move runoff away from the foundation of the home
Home Safety and Unintentional Injuries
- Install and routinely test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms
- Keep medicines out of reach of children and get rid of unused medications
- Keep firearms in locked cabinets and use trigger locks, with ammunition stored separately
- Eliminate trip and fall hazards in and around your home
- Install safety latches on cabinets and doors that contain harmful products