The Winnebago County Health Department provides a select variety of clinical services to help support the health of individuals in our community. These services are mostly provided by appointment through The Clinic.
Protect your children from diseases and conditions. Keep them up-to-date on their childhood immunizations. WCHD provides vaccine to children that do not have health insurance or with insurance that does not cover immunizations. Click here for more information about the Vaccines For Children program.
WCHD provides physicals and vaccinations for newly arrived refugees.
Directly observed therapy has helped to reduce the spread of Tuberculosis (TB) in communities. WCHD works with those diagnosed or at risk for TB to get them treatment and help them complete the course of antibiotics.
Make An Appointment At The Clinic
Call 815-720-4000 on Monday through Friday from 8:15am-4:30pm.
Additional Services Provided Through WCHD:
- HIV/AIDS Support
- Those living with HIV/AIDs can get support connecting to resources through the Northwest Connects /Ryan White Program.
- Medical Cannabis Registration Assistance
- Those with medical needs that are registering for medical cannabis can contact WCHD for assistance completing the application process
- COVID-19 treatment
- You must start treatment within a few days after symptoms start. WCHD provides Paxlovid treatment to those who have tested positive for COVID-19, including the use of a home test, and meet the criteria. WCHD does not provide testing.
- MPV vaccination
- WCHD is providing vaccination for MPV to those eligible. Click here to learn more.